Due to continued growth we are seeking a Buyer at our Corporate HQ in High Point, NC
Summary of Functions:
This position is responsible for sourcing, awarding of bids, and the purchasing of goods and services for all New Breed Facilities. This individual will qualify suppliers, monitor supplier performance, place and/or causes Purchase Orders to be placed, resolves problems with delivery of goods and/or services and interfaces with Accounts Payable to assure timely payment of suppliers.
- Accomplish the sourcing, award of bids and purchasing of assigned goods and services
- Set up and maintain items and pricing in the purchasing system
- Qualify suppliers, monitor supplier performance, and resolve problems with suppliers
- Interface with Engineering to ensure that item specifications are clearly defined and communicated to suppliers
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms and place purchase orders and/or purchase contracts for assigned goods and services
- Interface with Finance and/or AP to resolve payment issues
- Interface with Quality to ensure supplier adherence to New Breed’s quality standards and requirements
- Significant requirement for data input and manipulation of keyboard/CRT.
- Some travel required
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree desired
- Minimum 3 years experience as a commodity Buyer
- CPSM certification by NAPM a plus