Due to continued growth we are seeking several experienced Shipping Supervisors to join our dynamic organization in the Olive Branch Community on 3rd Shift.
Summary of Functions:
Responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on managing warehouse associates and implementing warehouse action plans.
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse. Maintain Shipping Department work schedules and assignments to ensure efficient operation. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching, and disciplining employees. Train all new hires.
- Direct and supervise all outbound orders to ensure they are correct and shipped on schedule. Be available to employees to answer questions, evaluate operations and solve problems. Suggest recommendations to the Facility Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Manage all equipment according to established company policy so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner. Coordinate all maintenance needs with Maintenance Lead.
- Interact with other department management to deliver superior customer service to our client. Attend all warehouse meetings and weekly Management Staff Meeting.
Documentation / Reporting:
- Ensure that all records/reports are completed on time and are effectively maintained. Review operating goals and standards and monitor achievement. Ensure time and attendance is properly maintained/monitored in Kronos and approved for bi-weekly payroll. Ensure and departmental employees are trained on and follow the New Breed Quality Policy
Safety, Sanitation, Security:
- Train and maintain the 7S Workplace Organization standard. Review warehouse operations daily to ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Operate in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Work closely with Inventory Control personnel to manage and maintain stock in the warehouse in accordance with established inventory control processes.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years experience in warehousing and/or 3PL including supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, organization and communication
- Experience with computer systems, warehouse systems and computerized scanning equipment