KITTING SERVICES AND SUB-ASSEMBLY SUPPORT LEAN MANUFACTURING STRATEGY
Many manufacturers continue to perform non value-added activities within the factory. This eats up costly manufacturing space and relegates assembly workers to tasks like de-trashing or searching for parts. New Breed Logistics kitting services and sub-assembly capabilities can maximize the efficiency of your manufacturing operation.
Elements Of New Breed Logistics Sub-Assembly and Kitting Services
- Analysis and custom design of prefabricated kits. New Breed Logistics capabilities include design and production of kits that hold multiple parts used together during manufacturing. We designed thousands of such kits to support aircraft assembly at our Boeing Rotorcraft facility.
- Kitting. Parts and tools are placed in appropriate kit trays at our nearby warehouse, where materials are staged. The kits are bar-coded, so inventory can be managed by individual parts or the tray itself. After line side delivery, trays are returned to the distribution center and reused.
- Sub-assembly. Our experience extends to complex sub-assembly projects that begin the manufacturing process.
How Can You Benefit From Kitting And Sub-Assembly Services?
- Increase manufacturing efficiency through line side delivery of parts in a format that minimizes time looking for parts or discarding packaging
- Reduce labor costs - completion of basic manufacturing functions can be done less expensively in the warehouse
- Free up space in your manufacturing plant
- Re-package parts to aid in identification of items, reduce parts handling, and enhance safety at the point of use
Need Kitting Services or Sub-assembly Services to Support Lean Manufacturing Initiatives?
Contact us to discuss how New Breed Logistics can reduce unproductive time and eliminate waste in your assembly process.