VENDOR MANAGED INVENTORY SERVICES POSTPONE INVENTORY OWNERSHIP, IMPROVE CASH FLOW
Vendor managed inventory (VMI) services postpone the transfer of inventory ownership from supplier to manufacturer until the part is ordered and shipped to the line. This immediately reduces your inventory and improves your cash flow. New Breed Logistics offers supplier management and VMI services in the aerospace and technology industries. Our custom vendor managed inventory software allows manufacturers, such as UTC Aerospace Systems, and suppliers to view and manage inventories on the web.
Elements Of New Breed Logistics' VMI Services
- Storage of supplier materials at a VMI hub near the manufacturing site. Storage contracts can be with the OEM or the supplier.
- Accurate management of inventory. New Breed Logistics' systems maintain inventory electronically by different owners, a critical feature for industries like aerospace.
- Automated replenishment. Min/max inventory levels are set and the system generates an email alert once minimum levels are reached.
- Visibility to inventory across the supply chain. User-specific log-ins allow secure access to data.
- Continuous analysis of safety stock and replenishment by our team of inventory management experts.
How Can You Benefit From Supplier Management Services?
- Improve cash flow by postponing inventory ownership
- Increase inventory accuracy
- Reduce safety stock based on more accurate, demand-based replenishment
- Improve collaboration with suppliers using New Breed Logistics' web-based, vendor managed inventory software
New Breed Logistics' VMI services include an Internet-based application specifically designed for vendor managed inventory solutions. Features of this VMI software include: automated ordering (including issuance of POs), management of EDI transactions with vendors/suppliers, vendor visibility to their inventory, and customer visibility to all supplier inventory that is on-hand or in-transit.
Interested in VMI Services?
to discuss your need for vendor managed inventory services in more detail.